Social Media Manager
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Gluten Free Marketing Group is the leading U.S. marketing and event company dedicated to promoting the gluten free lifestyle. We are seeking a Social Media Manager to join our team.
Summary: The Social Media Manager is responsible for promotion of the company’s events, mobile app and subscription box to gluten free consumers primarily through social media as well as public relations and other marketing activities. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity with room to grow within a rapidly growing company. This is a full-time position. Paid training will be provided.
- Social Media
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- Press release distribution
- Schedule and coordinate media interviews for company officials
- Compile PR and Social Media reports
- Coordinate Blogger and Author programs
- Monitor industry news
- Assist Marketing Director with various projects as needed
- Must work up to 7 weekends per year for consumer events
- Some travel may be required
Reports to: Marketing Director
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills along with a strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Pinterest, Google+, WordPress)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar
- Internship or other experience with similar responsibilities a plus
- Knowledge of some HTML/CSS a plus
- Knowledge of and interest in gluten free a BIG plus
- This is a telecommuting position
- Must have own computer and Internet access
- Must be self-motivated and organized and able to work under minimal supervision
TO APPLY: Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position and samples of your work, preferably a press release and/or links to your blog or social media pages you manage to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not provide a cover letter and work samples will NOT be considered.