British Born, Independent, Award Winning, Chef/Instructor Oonagh Williams has a Culinary Arts degree and trained in London and Switzerland. Based in New Hampshire, her 28-year-old son was diagnosed gluten and lactose intolerant 6 years ago with no previous symptoms. Chef Oonagh has always cooked from scratch with real ingredients, so it was only baked goods that she generally needed to adapt to gluten free. Chef Oonagh follows a gluten free diet (Chef Oonagh discovered her arthritis pains and period pains went away with a gluten free diet and has since discovered family members with celiac disease), and only buys regular flour bread and cereal for her husband.
Chef Oonagh feels strongly that anything gluten free has to taste as good as any gluten filled recipe and frequently says that ‘my six foot four baby would soon tell me if it wasn’t any good, my husband is far politer’!
As a chef with a deep understanding of food and the ability to fully understand food labels, Chef Oonagh has helped numerous people with their food intolerances.
• Was the featured Chef at the Healthy Villi, Boston Celiac Conference in October 2013 and will present at the April 2014 Boston Celiac Conference.
• Is invited to speak at Corporate Health and Wellness Events and State Fairs
• Has written a monthly recipe column for the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness for over three years.
• Has been a regular guest on NH’s ABC WMUR-TV’s Cooks Corner for more than 10 years
• Presents cooking classes and dinner parties
• Has a cookbook ‘Delicious Gluten Free Cooking’
• Hosts a Celiac Disease Support Group
• Writes a Gluten Free Living Blog at www.RoyalTempatations.com/blog
• Has a Healthy Cooking/Healthy Living Radio Show.
• ‘Like’ her at Gluten Free Cooking with Oonagh on Facebook